Friday, June 27, 2008

Hi Everyone! sorry for the late input again. This week has truely been an amazing week. On Monday I didnt work so I had most of the day off but I still had plenty of things to do. I guess you could call it a catch up day. On Tuesday I with half of the project went to campus. This time when we went the staff didnt come with us. It was a great day on the SDSU campus too! I went sharing with a student here named David. He is from North Dakota as well. He goes to UND. We started out and were going to try and share with as many people as we could on tuesday. We ran into a few people that didnt want to talk and then one student we ran into was actually doing the same thing that we were but he was from another organization. So I gave him one of our knowing God personally booklets and he gave me what they use. It was so neat to run into another group sharing the gospel. We actually came to find that there were two other groups sharing day besides us. Then David and I ran into another individual from Chile. He was here on an exchange program and we talked to him the entire morning. It was really neat to be able to here about his culture and then be able to share the gospel with him. On Wednesday nobody worked because it was our opportunities of a lifetime day and from 1pm-10pm we were at the rec center. Dan Allan and His wife Holly spoke first and then we watched a video of John Piper giving his dont waste your life sermon. It was amazing! After that we all went out and spent an hour in prayer. Then we had supper together and at supper all the Staff sat at different tables and answered questions about the ministry of Campus Crusade. Next Marta (our womens director) spoke on discerning Gods will and that was really good to. After that we had about 30-45 minutes of praise and worship and then it was ten o'clock. It was absoloutely amazing and I loved every bit of this day! On Thursday (yesterday) we didnt really have much to do unless we were going to work. I found out my hours and I will start getting normal hours next week. So In the morning I didnt do to much and then in the afternoon we went to the beach for a while. The ocean can be really fun but the salt tastes horrible! I had a salt taste in my mouth the rest of the day. Oh well. In the evening we had a outreach on the beach. So we went and shared. God truely is working in the hearts of people! When it was all done we had a debriefing and people began to share stories. As far as from what people shared there were 3 or 4 that accepted Christ that night. And there were so many stories that were related where some other students actually talked to the other half of the family somewhere else on the beach. It was so neat to see God working! We also invite everybody we talk to, to FNL on friday night and it sounds like there are going to be a lot of people there this week. Praise God! Thank you again for praying for our project. It has been amazing so far and even though I havent made that much money like I had planned, you cant put a price on changed lives. So thank you again for all that you have done and may the Lord bless you!

In Christ,
Todd Singer

1 comment:

Treble55 said...

Hi Todd,
The band at camp "Our Hearts Hero" is very good. I think that someone said that they come out of Nashville. Everyone is having a great week at camp. I was glad to go and help for the day. Is is very windy today and there have been different thunderstorms during the week. We have gotten a little rain this week and are thankful for all that we receive. Keep claiming Romans 12:2. We love you. Mom and Dad